Monday, March 31, 2008

Preparations

Everything European! As in past years, our family is very involved with our state homeschool convention's Kid's Conference (NCHEA). If this blog is in sad neglect as of late, it's because we've been spending long hours creating a large-scale train, windmill, the Eiffel Tower, Leaning Tower of Pisa, sewing costumes and beanbags, writing and practicing music, making power point, room decor, and......well, you get the general idea!!

Josiah is the Program Director this year and we are grateful for the many young people on the leadership board who have a genuine hear to minister and serve. With 250 children registered, and over 65 young adults on staff, this weekend promises to be a very full one!

We'd greatly appreciate your prayers -- both as we prepare, and specifically Thursday, Friday, and Saturday as we minister together. We know it is only through the Lord's grace and empowering that any good will come from our efforts! May we continually keep our hearts focused on HIM!!

Cutting out our 'train'.
Many thanks to Seward's Longview Fiber Company for donating these sheets of cardboard!!!

Painting

The humble beginnings of a train! [smile]


"If you seek her as silver,
And search for her as for hidden treasures;
Then you will understand the fear of the Lord,
And find the knowledge of God.
For the Lord gives wisdom;
From His mouth come knowledge and understanding."
Proverbs 2:4-6

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

That looks so exciting! The train is coming along nicely. :D Looking forward to hearing more about the conference progress.

The Ansons said...

We will be praying! I hope all the little details go smoothly. I hear you are in a different church this year... I hope it has strong walls! :) I know there are several young people around here very excited about the weekend as well. (And one young person acting like a chicken with her head cut off.... oh well, food takes planning....:) Hope to see you all soon!
LA

Margaret Neufeld said...

Now, if I lived in Nebraska... That looks looks like so much fun!

dak-juneau said...

Will be praying for the kids, their families, and for you guys. :-)

David Kent

Still looking forward to seeing your family in the far north one of these years.

~Tori~ said...

Sounds like you've been busy - but it looks like fun! I'll be praying for you!

Lesley said...

You all have put so much work into the conference....it is a blessing to so many! Thanks for all you've done and will do for this weekend! I'm excited to have Stephen on my team again this year.:) Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend!
~Lesley

Follow In His Steps said...

How fun! What a blessing this must be to all those children.

I will be praying . . .

Sarah

Anonymous said...

We will definitely be praying!! It looks very exciting!
JConner

Goldfish said...

And pretty soon preparations for camp.

Nicole said...

Way cool!
I wish I could have been a kid in one of your classes.
How fun!

Abby Martin said...

Fun! My sister and I were thinking about helping out with that this year, but things weren't going to work out. For the past 3 yrs. I helped out with our children's conference back here, and I enjoyed it. Things aren't going to work out for me to help again this year, but I do enjoy it and working with the kids. :)