Saturday, March 08, 2008

Florida Days

Well, it has happened again -- a week without an update. The days have flown with a variety of happenings...from sewing six new skirts, to tearing up chunks of concrete and spending time with friends. How can I recapture everything in a short post?!

Well, for now I'm resorting to a quick update of picture random-ness. [smile] A more in-depth post will have to wait until another date as daylight savings time already took an hour out of my day!!!

I've included the lyrics to a couple hymns that have been thought provoking to me recently. We are only a channel -- of ourselves, empty. But with our Savior, bringing the of the Words of LIFE! Oh joyous thought!

So for a quick peek into the past several days....

Make me a channel of Your peace:
Where there is hatred, let me bring Your love;

Where there is injury, Your healing pow'r,
And where there's doubt, true faith in You.


Make me a channel of Your peace:
Where there's despair in life let me bring hope;

Where there is darkness, - only light,
And where there's sadness, ever joy.

(Yes, Josiah surprised Andrew by showing up for his birthday!)

O Spirit, grant that I may never seek
So much to be consolded as to console,


To be understood as to understand,

To be loved as to love with all my soul!

Make me a channel of your peace.
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,

In giving to all that we receive,
And in dying that we're born to eternal life.



How I praise Thee, precious Savior,
That Thy love laid hold of me;

Thou hast saved and cleansed and filled me
That I might Thy channel be.


Channels only, bless├Ęd Master,
But with all Thy wondrous power

Flowing through us, Thou canst use us
Every day and every hour.


Just a channel full of blessing,
To the thirsty hearts around;

To tell out Thy full salvation
All Thy loving message sound.

Emptied that Thou shouldest fill me,
A clean vessel in Thy hand;
With no power but as Thou givest
Graciously with each command.

12 comments:

Sarah said...

Florida sunshine (and warmth!) sure sounds good right now! It was 13 degrees here this morning.

Once again, I enjoyed all the photos. :) Thank you for including the hymn "Channels Only" - it is a beautiful song. May we be channels, vessels, that the Lord's light and love may flow through to others. May it not be ourselves that others see, but the Savior, Jesus Christ.

Seth said...

Nice to see pictures! the sewing one is cute!

~Tori~ said...

An update! Yeah!! :-D

What great pictures - so sweet! I love looking at pictures! :)

Abby Martin said...

I love the ocean! It looks so pretty where you all are at!

Stephanie said...

That was an amazing post! I love all of the pictures. Charissa always seems to pose just right to get absolutely adorable pictures. :)

Anna B. said...

Oh Rachel, those skirts are so darling! Did you make those too?

Amber said...

I love the words to that hymn. The pictures are great, too. Looks like y'all are staying busy!

The Chmelars said...

so good to 'see' you all... rachel, this beautiful post makes up for the lack lately. keep you heads up... you're in my prayers!
love ya!
nicole

lajiemarie said...

aw, how sweet and lovely :)

BrittLeigh said...

ADORABLE pictures!!! Wow. I love the skirts!!! TOTALLY creative. Also am pretty impressed with that fish of Nathaniel's :).

Oh man, this post makes me miss you guys really, REALLY bad!!!

rehm family said...

I know, we are late on our comment...really late! But now we can say it's only less than a week until your home! :) Can't wait!!! Thank you for all the pictures! We love you, and still miss you!

A Sis said...

Rachel......

Great Post! I just wanted to tell you that is was great talking to you on the phone today, and I am thinking of, and missing you tons!

Love Ya Bunches!
A Rehm Sis!

You know which one!=)