Friday, February 22, 2008

Library Gleanings

Yesterday after we set up our sound equipment in Jesup, Georgia I had a few moments to browse their library. I picked up a book by Harlan Popov, a man who spent 13 years tortured and imprisoned for his faith in Christ. I was challenged by his account of coming to salvation:


A committed atheist, he adamantly denied the existence of God. Until one day...

"...[my friend] invited a man to visit us. He read to us from his Bible. He was not an eloquent preacher but every word he uttered proved to me that God existed. He witnessed of how he knew of God's personal presence. When he told of what Christ meant to him, his face shone with the love of God. It was obvious to me at that moment that there was a God.

I saw Him in this godly man."



And so the question begs -- when the world looks at my life,
do they see Jesus alive in me?!

...Do they see Him in you?

"Therefore, we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us..." Hebrews 12:1

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pray so. And more and more everyday. For my life, and for all of yours. John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will have a life filled with light and will never live in the dark." 1 John is a great book to think on.
Thank you for the challenge and reminder to take our lives before the Father to be examined.
Loving you...

Anonymous said...

Amen to that!

Anonymous said...

Rachel, only YOU cud think of such an awesome thing to blog! COOL!

~Tori~ said...

How true! I pray that the people around me see Jesus in me! What a wonderful witness!

Stephanie said...

It is a wonderful testimony when you can see a Christian from a non-believer just by actions and words. May I be an example such as that Godly man too. :)