Happy 25th Birthday Rachel!
Rachel, what a joy you are to our home! I am so blessed to have a big sister like you, and praise the Lord that not only did He make us best of friends, but sisters to boot! Your selfless serving is beautiful to see -- you have truly made the joy of the Lord your strength! Whether it's traveling, almost (or past!) midnight chats, wracking our brains for ideas for our various 'predicaments', eating strawberry slushies on the River Walk, mulling over new blog post ideas, watching you excel in children ministries and homemaking arts, laughing over your latest 'blonde' moment, or seeing your beautiful character radiate in all you do, I truly treasure the times and joy we've shared!
This year I'm praying that the Lord will fill you with "the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and long suffering with joy; giving thanks to the Father."
I love you!
:: :: :: :: :: :: ::
And for all of you that don't know Rachel as well as I do (you poor souls, you!), I thought I'd throw in a few little known facts about Rachel:
- she is 'missing' a knuckle on her right hand
- she wrote her first song at the age of 11; we performed it later that year for a home school event in Seward
- cuts all of our girls' hair, including her own (layers and everything!)
- doesn't like peanut butter (except in Reese's pieces)
- took ballet lessons at the age of 5
- when babysitting her (at the time) 8 younger siblings, she held us spellbound for literally hours while she told stories (and I'm telling you, they were the best stories, ever!)
- she wears contact lenses
- Arm & Hammer toothpaste is the only way to go!
- she initiated asking Jesus into her heart when she was 4, and recommitted herself to Him at 16
Bet you didn't know all that about her! [grin]
To celebrate her big 25 years, how about seeing if we can't get 25 birthday comments on here?! Don't worry -- if your the 26 person, please feel free to still comment! By no means do you all have to stop at 25! [smile]