Saturday, November 03, 2007

New York City

This afternoon we had the excitement of driving through parts of New York City. (Excitement mostly due to needing a route with high clearance for a raised-roof bus!!) And as we saw hundreds upon hundreds of cars racing down the freeways, this song sang itself over and over in my head:

People need the Lord. People need the Lord.
At the end of broken dreams, He's the Open Door.
People need the Lord!
When will we realize that we must give our lives --
For people need the Lord.

How true. And we have the message of hope! Isn't it amazing to think that God knows each person in each car, where they are going, if they'll arrive in time....and most importantly, where they stand in their relationship with Him. Wow.

We'd appreciate your prayers for this weekend as we share a couple services here on Long Island. Specifically, we have two children with fevers and we're praying for their quick recovery without passing the 'germ bug' around to the rest of us!

May the coming days bring divine appoinments and opportunities to share the HOPE found in Jesus -- whether for our family here in NYC, or for you wherever God has placed you to shine for Him.


"Then He said to them, "The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few; therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest." Luke 10:2

11 comments:

Ryebread said...

Amen! That song has long been a challenge/inspiration to me. We have a calling to go out and spread the Good News; what am I doing about it? New York City is a perfect place to see the "empty people filled with care, headed who knows where..."

May God bless you as you shine as lights for Him.

Ronalln19 said...

HEy Just wanted to let you all know that I will be praying for you guys and I hope the two Kids get better as well... Please continue to pray for me as well It would be much appreciated I have really been in a battle with the devil since I made a new commitment the night you guys were at our church God Bless you all as your reaching out to others... Ron

Cliff Notes said...

Hey there! Your are actually very close to me! I live on Long Island and have been looking at your blog recently ~ I am very impressed and deeply admire your beautiful family. As the 2nd eldest in a family of 10, I realize all the hardships and blessings that come with a large family. Well, best wishes and hopefully you guys will be able to tour New York one day. Take my word for it, it's something you've gotta experience! God bless you guys! ~ Rebecca in New York

Anonymous said...

Wow that is a nice piture
Kendra

Sara N. Smith said...

Your family will be in my prayers! Trusting that the Lord will give you many open doors to touch lives through Jesus Christ and that He would keep you well and feeling strengthened!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...I had no idea you were going to Long Island.....where...????????Now you have me homesick.....can you believe that on Seth's 9th b-day we broke down in NYC??? longggggggg story..but God is faithful! Mrs U

BrittLeigh said...

It sure was a blessing to read this post tonight. I'm so excited to hear of the ways the Lord is leading and guiding you and the places He's sending you. I'm praying for you guys as you continue to serve Him. People truly do need the Lord!

Miss ya!

Stephanie said...

I will be sure to pray for the sick children and I hope that the rest of you do not get the bug.

Daniel said...

I will be praying for you all.

rehm family said...

That song has such powerful words! Thanks for giving us a glimpse into your happenings. Doesn't make the ache to see you quite so bad! Don't get us wrong...it is still a terribly bad ache...just not quite so painful when you post! :)

Love, hugs, and prayers your way!

DUSTYNNE said...

How very true. Sometimes the same thing hits me and I'm like "Wait a minute, what are we really living for?"
Thanks for the sobering reminder.