Saturday, November 03, 2007

Updated...

For those of you who have recently visited our family's bio page, you know a drastic update has been embarrassingly over-due. (As in several YEARS over due!) The past couple months we been working on re-writing them, but it hasn't been an easy task getting every one to participate. Finally, it came down to needing only one last bio. Andrew's.

Sure, he'd willingly sit down to write -- but ever the family humorist, he'd keep us all in stitches with his 'copy-cat' writing style. To our relief, these initial drafts were vetoed in quire of a writing style more 'traditional'. Finally he complied, but not before we had a few laughs over his first attempts. We thought you might enjoy a chuckle in your day....

:: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Hey! My name is Andrew. I am the fifth of thirteen children, but make no mistake, if you could only meet one of us I’d be the one you’d want to meet. I just thought I’d take a minute and write a little about myself. Some of my better qualities includes...I’m pretty good looking. (As you can obviously see.) I am also a very intelligent. Musically I like to think of myself as a prodigy. My family really appreciates all that I do, at least that’s what I keep telling myself. But my most amazing quality is my humility. I think I come by it naturally, because I’ve never really had to work at it... Amazed??? I know most people are...

:: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Hi. My name is Andrew. I live in a bus. I live with my family in our BIG bus. We drive. We drive everywhere. We sing. We sing music everywhere. I play banjo. I play banjo fast. I play banjo in the bus. I play banjo when we sing everywhere.

:: :: :: :: :: :: ::

I play banjo in a house. I play banjo with a mouse
I play banjo here and there. I play banjo everywhere.
I play banjo in a box. I play banjo with a fox.
I play banjo in a church. I play banjo on a perch.
I play banjo in a group. I play banjo eating soup.
I play banjo in a jail. I play banjo without fail.
I play banjo in a song. I play banjo......ALL DAY LONG!!!!

:: :: :: :: :: :: ::

And after these many variations, a final draft was completed and we happily sent them to our webmaster! To read Andrew's completed bio -- as well as updates on the rest of the crew -- check out our Family page!

27 comments:

Snapped-It said...

I like that Andrew!

Hey now go have fun showing humility, living in the bus, and playing your banjo! ;)

-Seth

Kori said...

HAHAHA!!! That is so funny! It made laugh out loud! I'm in the Library at school working on a project and I was trying to hold in my laughter, but it didn't work! Too funny! :)

Snapped-It said...

Hey Andrew thanks for the laugh!!.... ..thats too funny!!

Anonymous said...

Loved the Bios, but wasn't Charissa born in 2006?!?!

Suzie

Rachel said...

Suzie -- Thank you! We've alerted our webmaster of the error. Glad you caught it for us! :)

Goldfish said...

:D :D :D :D :D :D THAT WAS HILARIOUS!!!! Thanks I was in need of a laugh before studiowork. :D I'm just in awe of the humilty. :o :D :D :D Thanks so much for that!

I was looking at your family page a couple days ago, wondering when Charissa was going to get a bio too. Loved it! I actually didn't think that she could communicate that well verbally. I guess she isn't just the cutest toddler in Nebraska, but the smartest!

Anonymous said...

Hey andrew! That is wat too funny!!! And your humility really brought a tear to my eye!

Anonymous said...

Obviously Andrew is not only the comedian, he must also be the oldest! We noticed in his bio that his birth year was 1888!
thanks so much for the post! It was great! we love Dr. Suess! Ya'll have a good one! Bridgette

Hillary Hipps said...

Raaaaaachel... you should have let him keep the first one! If I had turned in my writing assignments like that Emily would have sent me back to kindergarten, but it was very funny. Very close to "Danielish", and that is FUNNY!

Thanks for the guffaw:-)

Emily h. said...

Wow, that was funny! I laughed through the whole thing! Thanks for sharing, Rachel! Looking forward to seeing you all when you get back!

The Ansons said...

Sorry to burst your bubble Andrew, but I think Ruthie is my favorite on the choice to spend time with. :) But we sure enjoy your whole family. We are looking forward to seeing you you all for butchering in a couple weeks. I think we should have a "complete chicken" contest. See who can take a chicken from kill to chill fastest!
LA

The Ansons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melodiousheart said...

That is Hilarious!!!! His Humility in the first one was ummmmmmm.... interesting? It reminded me of a guy who was given a pin because he was so humble and he wore it everywhere!!! so they had to take it away!

Blessings to you all as you keep shining for Jesus!!!!

Lighthouse Gospel Youth says HI!!!

~Melodie~

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy happy b-day to Nathanael!!!!!!!!!Sounds like a Proud mouse in the House if you ask me (smile) Mrs. U

Nicole Marie said...

*rolling on the floor laughing*
Oh my goodness! Andrew, with your stoic looks on stage, one could easily be misled from your real self!! :) Glad you let a little show... I guess that would be your humble side coming out. Keep up the good work!
Nicole

BrittLeigh said...

Aaaaahhhh! Comic relief... Oh boy, that felt good :D hahaha... I LOVED it!

Stephanie said...

That is really funny! I also laughed out loud. Maybe Andrew should become a writer.

A Canadian said...

Good job Andrew. Those are really funny. I hope you guys are enjoying your trip to New York.God Bless!!!

Melanie said...

That is too funny!

Margaret Neufeld said...

I'm sorry to say this Andrew, but the first one sounds quite cocky and definitely not humble, the second like it was written by a first grader, and the third, well, If you really work hard, you might be a half decent poet one day, but try to be realistic. I see that Charissa has a pretty advanced vocabulary. Thanks for updating that! God bless and keep smiling. Greetings from Lighthouse Gospel Youth.

Anonymous said...

That was HILARIOUS! Thanks for the laugh Andrew!! LOL!!

Under Southern Skies said...

How VERY funny!

TWO FROM THE PEW said...

Andrew, we know it's all about you.

Anonymous said...

Hey John Burwell here from Montana.
Me and my family got a big laugh out of mister Dr. Seuss. I envy you, Andrew, my family dosen't appreciate anything I do (which is allot!)I'm not half as good looking and my guitar playing sounds like a ukulele! Anyway enough self pity, I won't be seeing you guys at this years Revival Meetings because I'm moving to Oregon to go to a missionary training school for Ghana. Lord Bless! John Burwell

DUSTYNNE said...

That was SOOOOOO hillarious!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for posting!!!!!!

rehm family said...

Okay, so those are all too funny! lol :) You should've atleast for a little while put one on the webpage as is. Thanks for the smiles, and good laughs! Still missin' all of YOU!

Our love,
The Rehm's

Anonymous said...

Wow! Andrew, you are amazing! So gifted, and yet, so humble. I love your honest, tell-it-the-way-it-is writing style. I hope your family really does appreciate you & all
that you do.
You're secret admirer & sister in Christ, JAZ
p.s. Have you ever considered
writing a book? You could call it
"The 10 Most Humble Men, And How I
Met The Other 9", and enclose full
size photos of yourself doing humble deeds.