Friday, October 05, 2007

Requesting prayers...

Before the sun rose on the horizon this morning, Bethany and I were dropped off at the Detroit airport for a grand 'adventure-of-a-weekend' -- starting with a layover at O'Hare before landing back in our home territory, Omaha.

Aside from the joys of experiencing all these new sights and sounds together (and a yummy airport breakfast), we are looking ahead with a common goal towards tomorrow.

Wedding photography.

I marvel at the talent and photography skills the Lord has given Bethany -- and am just thrilled to be her assistant in capturing the priceless moments of our friends' wedding day. There are so many details that go into such an occasion. Would you join us in praying for the day?!

Also, the rest of our family is back in Michigan preparing to share an evening service without Josiah, Bethany, or myself. They'd appreciate your prayers as well! [smile]

We'll keep you posted....

7 comments:

David Kent said...

yummy airport breakfast

Let me guess...Chinese food and peanut butter?

I'll be praying for all of you from Omaha to Michigan. :-)

DUSTYNNE said...

WILL BE PRAYING!!! I'm sure you must both be pretty nervous. How exciting though!

Blessings to you AND Caleb and Abby!!!

Goldfish said...

O'Hare? Does that mean you were in IL and didn't tell me about it? :D I'm glad we get to see a picture of the other traveler! :) And yes, most assuredly, God has definitely blessed Bethany with photographic skills!

I'm sure that must be quite a stretch for back in Michigan. I guess it's time for Charissa to step it up a notch.

Anonymous said...

Your in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you & Bethany today Rachel!
I'm sure that happy couple will be THRILLED w/ their beautiful photos!!
love ya! Chels

A HEART OF PRAISE said...

I hope everything goes well!!! :) I'll be praying. :)

ben said...

AHHH!I dropped the 3 toothpicks from my lips and yelled "Detroit!"(Actually it was 2 toothpicks, one whole and two halves:) Detroit Airport is soo cool! It highlighted one of my trips too-if you can't tell by now. Did you see the marble water fountain, the ceiling trolly, and the moving walkways? Of course- but thanks for unearthing exciting memories.