Thursday, October 04, 2007

Fruits of the Garden

Being the master gardeners that our grandparents are, this week has been filled with enjoying the outdoors.....farm style! On Monday some of our crew headed for the garden with a pitch-fork and buckets in tow. Although heavy summer rains claimed half the crop, they found plenty of spuds for some tasty home-cookin'! Mmm-m-m-m!!

Searching for 'hidden treasure'!

Susanna spreads them out on the grass.
Hannah gives the dirty 'taters a chilly bath.

Meanwhile, Elizabeth picks some tasty berries for dessert. There's just nothing like eating a 'home-grown' meal! Isn't God good to give us so much variety for our table fare?! From the hard, white potatoes growing underground, to the bright, juicy berries in the sunshine -- His creativity and order is beyond my comprehension!

"Oh, that men would give thanks to the LORD for His goodness,
And for His wonderful works to the children of men!
There He makes the hungry dwell,
That they may establish a city for a dwelling place,
And sow fields and plant vineyards, That they may yield a fruitful harvest.
Whoever is wise will observe these things,
And they will understand the lovingkindness of the LORD."
Psalms 107:31,36,37,42

4 comments:

Bryant said...

Oh, what fun! "Home-grown" meals are definitely the best!

Goldfish said...

OH dear! You are making me miss my mom's food!!!! Haven't had homegrown potatoes, but it sure sounds good! Did they turn into mashed potatoes? I love mashed potatoes. Especially my grandma's! Oh dear, I am getting very hungry. I could probably talk all night about food. Alas, alas, I have tons of homework! Oh, and rasberries are the best! Especially if they are still warm!! Mmm-hmmm! Okay, i am done talking about food...

I was looking at the time of the post and I was SOOO confused. I thought it said PM instead of AM. :D Try as I might, I just couldn't figure out how you could put up a post one hour before...! :) I'm such a goldfish!

Jacob said...

Hmm-mm! Nothin' like a raw potato!

...What?! You don't eat your potatoes raw?

Rachel Marie said...

Aw, what a fun post. ;)