Monday, September 17, 2007

If We Fail to Praise...

As I travel through this land, all the beauty I behold--
From the glory of the mountains, to the mysteries untold...

...How I marvel at the wonders that my God has set in place --
I'm reminded He's the only One deserving of my praise!

Let the rocks cry out if I don't lift my voice,
All creation shout the glories of His name!


Lift your eyes to the sky, see His banner lifted high,
Praise the name of Jesus Christ.


...Lest the rocks cry out!


When I sit back and consider all the lilies of the field,
Hear the crashing of the thunder; see the tiny things revealed...


...Then my heart can't help rejoicing that the Father's master plan,
Saw eternity within my soul before all time began!!

Let the rocks cry out if I don't lift my voice,
All creation shout the glories of His name...

Lift your eyes to the sky, see His banner lifted high,
Praise the name of Jesus Christ...

...Lest the rocks cry out!

"...the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works they had seen, saying:

"Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord! Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!"

And some of the Pharisees called to Him from the crowd, "Teacher, rebuke Your disciples."

But He answered and said to them,

"I tell you that if these should keep silent, the stones would immediately cry out."
Luke 19:37-40


18 comments:

Jen said...

I've been reading your blog for awhile and finally heard a song on the radio last night. =) God has truely blessed your family.

Kori said...

I LOVE Alaythia's hair! It is absolutely adorable, and looks so cute on her! :) And I like the new look of your blog! Kind of suprised me when I first pulled up your blog though, I thought I was on the wrong page! :)

The Bontrager Family Singers said...

Wow! I LOVE the "new blog look"!! And the black & white idea...I'm gonna have to try that sometime! :)What a fun post! And beautiful job on Alaythia & Susanna's new hair cuts~they're so cute!
What a beautiful message that song gives. And how true it is!
Love to all!
Chelsy for the Bontrager 12!

DUSTYNNE said...

Whoa! That was a shock! (What happened to the Wissmann's?!?!)
Gorgeous post, Rachel. And I love Susanna's hair! So cute!

DUSTYNNE said...

Oh, and it looks good, by the way! :) I like it.

The Ansons said...

Amen! Praise the Lord!

Heather said...

Hello from an occasional visitor! I love black and white photography (sepia also) and the message within your post was a blessing. Hope you have a wonderful day! ~ Heather

Anonymous said...

hi i thought you guys were really good i was in adel when you were there thank you for coming and god bless you

Goldfish said...

Well, I wasn't sure if my eyes were playing tricks on me or what. But I guess not-- I LOVE IT! All the pictures are so adorable, but when I saw Charissa's picture, I literally squealed. You just made my day! And with all my design homework (about four hours worth), it just lifted the load. I might... No, I will , be coming back to this post tonight-- to lift up my spirits. :)

Anonymous said...

That is really neat! I enjoyed that song so much while you were here and now I enjoyed it again!
Jason Ps. 150:6

Suzanne said...

Your pictures are always great, but I think I almost like these b and w pictures better. When there is no color in the picture, you focus more on what is actually in the picture. I love how you captured the beautiful expressions on your siblings' faces.

Margaret Neufeld said...

Wow, that was a really surprising change but I like it! beautiful photography! Keep praising the Lord. ;)

Kris said...

I love the black and white pictures! Is that a new song in the works?? If it is I can't wait to hear it! Blessing to all can't wait to see you...4 days!

P.S. Love the new colors!

Melanie said...

Hey Wissmann Family...great to see the nice pictures and to imagine that I am there listening to your beautiful singing! Love you all.

rehm family said...

The black and white twist is so fun! As well as the new blog layout. Did Alaythia get her hair cut, or is it just the black and white affects? Anyhow--it is darling, and so is Susanna's! :) What powerful words that song has. Hope we can hear it real soon!

Much love,
The Rehm's

BrittLeigh said...

Aw, such great photos. You guys all match! :) lol. The B&W is very creative!

Nice "new look" too! :) Blessings!

Anonymous said...

This was in IOWA?! Where??
Nicole

maggie said...

I loved when u came to adel and sang. It was so good and I loved when nathanael sang it was so cute. Well I hope we can see you agian. God bless you.
katie pohl