Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Seeing spots


Yes, you heard correctly. Spots -- and plenty of them! This week various family members ...*ahem, Andrew Susanna, and Charissa* ...have been breaking out in what we suspect may be a form of the measles. There's just never a dull moment around here!

For all our Wisconsin friends -- we've decided to postpone our trip to Black River Falls and Hilbert in the best interests of not spreading our malady around the countryside. We will greatly miss seeing all of you and hope to re-schedule in the near future.

We'd also appreciate prayers for quick healing -- and protection against a full-blown Wissmann family epidemic! Stay tuned...

"O God, You are my God,
Earnestly I seek You;
My soul longs for You,
in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water...
Because You are my help,
I sing in the shadow of Your wings."
Psalm 63:1,2,& 7

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had those also. I broke out in with some mysterious spots a few days ago. We thought they might be stress related though.

I finally know what it feels like to be "Itchicous" ! (is that how you spell it?)

Hillary Hipps

Jacob said...

OK, praying for you guys! --Jacob

Goldfish said...

Oh no! I'll be praying that the 'malady' goes quickly and doesn't spread!!!

Esther said...

I know how hard it can be when a big family has a terrible itch of some sort going around. God holds you in His hands- He will heal you in His time. Praying it may be soon.

BrittLeigh said...

awww! The poor little dear! I'm praying for you guys!!! I hope and pray the sick ones get well soon, and that nobody else gets sick!! I've been reminded once again what it's like to have a "sick house" lately, and sheesh.... not any fun! I really hope this passes soon for you guys!!! I'm sorry you don't get to experience the beauty of Wisconsin ;).

Love & Prayers!!

Kris said...

OH NO!! that does not look fun. I will be praying for a quick recovery! I hope to see you all soon, spot free of course...Oh and congrats to the little mutten buster! :)