Monday, July 30, 2007

Summer Treat

From almost as far back as I can remember, summer days just aren't complete without at least one batch of our all-time favorite hot-weather treat. Mm-m-m-m! From climbing on a stool to help Mommy cut the bananas, to eagerly peeking in the freezer (hoping the mixture would solidify faster).... this recipe has long been a family favorite.

Last week some dear friends from Florida visited and our little girls rallied to mix up a batch for everyone.

Our Favorite Fruit Slushy
Mix together in a large bowl...
1 can frozen lemonade concentrate
1 can frozen orange juice concentrate
1 can (20oz) crushed pineapple
2.5 cups water

Add 4 cups strawberries (sliced) ...

... and 6 bananas (sliced)

Stir it all together and pour into popsicle molds or muffin tins. Freeze 'till solid. Enjoy!

8 comments:

Nicole Marie said...

Yummy!!!
Though I must say, I would probably leave out the bananas... we don't get along too well. :)
See ya'll soon!!!
Nicole

Gem said...

This looks so delicious!! Wish I could fly myself and come and enjoy this yummy treat with you... ;)

~AliisaJoy~ said...

Oooh, looks yummy! We'll have to try that recipe sometime!

Dan and Heather said...

I am a new visitor to your journal (I found you through Bethany's blog) but I just wanted to comment on your recipe. It sounds delicious! Have a wonderful day! Heather

Suzanne said...

Oooh! That sounds good. The strawberries look delicious!

Esther said...

I love strawberries! That sounds so good right now- it was in the high-90s today and I was outside all day! I would leave out the bananas; I've never gotten along well with them, either- I think I'm allergic.

A HEART OF PRAISE said...

This looks sooo good!!! I will have to give it a try. :)

Karisse Wesco said...

Looks wonderful! I'll have to try it sometime.

I enjoy stopping by your family blog every once in awhile. The pictures and updates are always great! It's wonderful to know of other large families like yours! God bless you!