As in God's great plan little boys grow into men, it's been quite a year watching you grow and change! I think I was still taller than you at your last birthday, but today I stand eye level with your smile -- and enjoy listening to your bass voice. Not only that, but it has been a delight to see your energy and skills active in tackling "whate'r your hand finds to do" -- from loading our huge trailer with backyard junk and limbs, to scraping the house, to milking cows, to creating unique and practical items with your wood tools, and pouring yourself into children's ministry drama roles.
How grateful we are for the skills and talents God has given you! Continue to 'press in' during the coming year -- not only in the physical, but in your walk with Jesus as well. May you continue to grow and stand strong in HIM! We love you!
"Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the firey darts of the wicked one."
Little known facts about Stephen --
- He was born with a large birthmark across his forehead (so cute!)
- Walked his walker down a set of cement stairs at 11 months (adventuresome guy!)
- He has started playing acoustic guitar on our latest songs
- He likes ketchup and Catalina dressing on his tacos
- Unanimously voted 'gained most heigth' this year -- having passed Matthias and closing in on Andrew
- Is keeping up with Josiah's shoe-growth legacy -- wears size 14
- His favorite books of the Bible are 1 & 2 Samuel