Saturday, July 21, 2007

Daily Blessings

What a week -- filled to the brim with laughter... joys... tears... sadness... physical work... fellowship... and fun times. And once again we're reminded that God is good and His mercies fail not. When we sit back to count our blessings, the list adds up faster than price digits on our Nebraska gas meters!!!

Here's a quick overview of our week...

Corn Season --

Every summer we look forward to at least one huge 'corn day'.
Straight from the field to our freezer...

...with a few steps in between.
With this husking crew, we could average 10 ears/minute!
Bethany has always been our 'corn blanch-er' --
and creating our own outdoor kitchen worked so well this year!

Smiling from ear to ear!
(Okay, so maybe that's a bit corny...)


Fellowship & Fun --

Some dear friends from Prairie Bible Camp came to visit us for a couple days en route to sign up for college classes. The evenings were perfect for outdoor activities. Isn't summertime wonderful!?


Jump!!!

Practicing --


Without Josiah, it sometimes seems like we're having to start over musically on many songs. We've been practicing with various family members taking over his all-important roles.
We miss ya brother!

Our new bass singer and guitar player -- concentrating.

Water Fun --

Yesterday evening we were able to load up our 'ol boat and spend the evening at the lake. How refreshing!

Oh yes, and exciting, too! [smile]


"Count your many blessings, see what God has done!"

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that looks pretty eventful and busy but it's always wonderful do enjoy work and play with family and friends. God bless you all!

~Dustynne Noelle said...

Awww, those are great! :D

rehm family said...

Wow! You've all had a HUGE week! Thank you for sharing a glimpse of it with us(now we have proof of what we miss out on!:). The pics. are wonderful, and we vote the last one with your parents, and Charissa...priceless!!!

Much love,
The Rehm's

Kori said...

oh wow! That is alot of corn!! Too bad I wasn't there to help out! That would have been one more 'Nebraska experience' to add to my list! :) Tubing looks like so much fun! Can't wait to see ya'll again soon! :) YAY!

Tabby said...

wow, everything looks like so much fun!! putting up corn! our corn field drowned out this year :( but maybe we can get some to put up. Awww volley ball looked like so much fun!! wow looks like you guys had a full week!
take care~

Goldfish said...

Finalloy a post from the Wissmann's! [smile] This weekend was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun!! I haven't laughed and smiled sao much since PBC. Okay, maybe not, but it was SOOOOOOO much fun! :D Thanks for letting us come!!! :) It was kind of funny because I was just helping my family unpack from camping and singing "Count your blessings.". :D It was so much fun!!!!!

Yu should have waited with the corn, you could have had 3 people, 6 extra hands, 30 extra fingers helping you! (I just did math!)

~A friend from PBC :D

BrittLeigh said...

OOOOOoooooh! Great pictures. I love such glimpses into your life... even if they may be a little 'corny' hehe

Gem said...

Yummy!! I LOVE corn! Looks like you had so much fun...
I pray I could meet you someday!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a week! That's one big heap of corn! Nothin' corny about Stephen's shirt, though!! We love it!!! Hope to see you soon. Uncle J & Aunt D

Anonymous said...

To the Wissmann Family:

Thank you so much for sharing your blog so faithfully. You don't know me. I stumbled upon your blog a few months ago and I've been keeping track of your wonderful family. What a joy and a constant source of encouragement it is! May the Lord continue to bless you all.

Oh, and I hope there were no worms in that corn! That's the one thing I recall from my childhood days on the farm, the worms that are there when you are shucking that corn. Oh my! I had a hard time with that.....still won't do it today! LOL

Esther said...

The corn-work looks so much like it does when we do it! We do so much! I have the job of cooking it- but I can't stand all the steam when you lift the lid off! :) It's fun when corn freezing time comes. My grandparents help out-- My great grandpa invented a really quick way to take the corn off the cobs- it's easy! You can (per person) get like 10 done a minute or maybe more. (that's not my job...)
Thanks for the pics!

Anonymous said...

Why do you guys always wear skirts? Just a little question :D. Anyway...i love your music!!