Saturday, June 30, 2007

One Good Turn...

...deserves another. Or so it was once said. And we seem to agree -- as after our recent kitchen project we've spent the week tackling a whole assortment of house and yard projects. With the deadline of the huge July 4th celebration upcoming, we're glad that many hands make light (and speedy) work!

Here are a few of this weeks' projects...

Curtains! Finally!

It's so nice to have one project done.


We had some fun with the kitchen pantry -- a little wacky perhaps, but it makes us smile!


With the kitchen now full of color, the dining room was 'begging' for a little attention. As the curtains were in dire need of change anyway, we rolled up our sleeves and began.

(I should'a had the picture taken before taking down the curtains -- but I forgot!)

Our happy painting crew.

Stencils are so fun!

Adding the final touches.

The weather has been beautiful for outside projects as well.

Living in town we have lots of sidewalk to trim.

It's wonderful to have it looking nice again.

And yes, house painting has also been in the works. With the coat of primer half done, we should have it complete by the 4th!

It's been a full -- but good -- week. In thinking over the past several days, I'm just so thankful for a home to call our own...for the joys of working together as a family... for the creativity of color and design...for the ability to physically labor...for smiles and laughter...for the truth and practicality of God's Word. And the list could go on!

What are you thankful for this week!?!

"Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving;
Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms!"
Psalm 95:2

14 comments:

Leanne said...

Hi there....I'm inspired, as a homeschool mom, by your blog. We also would like to be a musical/travelling family, but Daddy is tied up with his nighttime job, which is doing music for independant Christian films. He's working on one right now, so there's no time to organize music for us to travel with. I love how you all honor your mom and dad so deeply by making your home a place of beauty and joy. You are causing the Father to smile down on the Wissman children. Thanks for posting about your endeavours. I've bookmarked your blog so that I can keep in touch with you all.

Leanne from Longview, WA

Anonymous said...

For your blog!!!
Thats what I'm thankful for :)

~Dustynne Noelle said...

Rachel, (right? :)
Are you always the one that posts? I mean, is this pretty much your blog? Just out of curiousity... :D
Anyhow, what an awesome post! I'm always inspired when I look at this blog, and Bethany's.

Rachel said...

Hi Dustynne!

I suppose this could be considered my blog as I'm the sole 'post-er' -- except on a rare occasion when a dear sister of mine hacks in for a surprise post. [smile]

But it's not really 'my blog' either, as it is a special way for our whole family to keep in touch with family, friends, and so many dear folks who hold us in their prayers during our varied 'adventures'. I get to be the privileged one to take Bethany's pictures and turn them into online updates!

Thanks for asking! We enjoy your comments! [smile]

rehm family said...

You all are SO industrious! What you accomplish when you set to it, is amazing!! And not only is it amazing...it is a blessing and inspiration to see a family working together in harmony...for the King's glory! Keep up the good work. We can't wait to see it in person!!!

With our love, and hugs! :)

The Rehm's

Tabby said...

I love the kitchen pantry! Seening everything you guys are doing makes me want to dig in and...... REMODLE SOMETHING!! :D lol
And let me be the first to wish you a HAPPY JULY!!
God Bless~

BrittLeigh said...

Your recent updates are sooooo amazing! I just love all the new colors and curtains. I wish we could've had time yesterday to step in and peek around, but hopefully soon! :)

And I am so thankful for amazing frends like you ;) You guys are such a blessing to me and my family. Love you!

~Dustynne Noelle said...

Oh, okay...thanks! :)
The kitchen is looking WONDERFUL by the way...!

Goldfish said...

I love the colors on the pantry! I wanna see your house so badly now!! :D

KarenW said...

Hurray for July 1st (being Canadian) and for July 4th (the US holds a dear place in my heart because I have spent the past three summers in the US and Celebrating the 4th)!
God bless you all!

The Bontrager Family Singers said...

Hello Wissmanns!!
Wow, everything looks sooo lovely!! Sounds like you're having a wonderful time! We make sooo many memories as a family when we work together on "home-front" projects...looks like it must be that way w/ other large families too. :) your kitchen & dining room are beautiful!!!
hope to see you soon!! hello from our family! :)
Chelsy for the Bontragers

Janna said...

Your remodeled rooms look great! What a fun blog post. And I think the different colors on the pantry doors look wonderful--not too 'wacky' at all! :)

Suzanne said...

Looks good!

Pauline said...

Looks great! Reminds me of some stuff that needs to be done around here..
I love reading your updates. I look forward to them. :) And as others said/commented it is inspiring to read/look at this page.
May God Bless you as you all endeavor to serve him. :)