Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Mommy

Happy Birthday Mommy!

Today is an incredibly special day.

Not only because its our mommy's birthday (which is a grand occasion in itself!!). But also because exactly 30 years ago today a young farmer boy arrived at a Wisconsin Bible camp -- finding a group of teenagers throwing a party for a cute little brunette. He hardly suspected that one day they'd be committing their lives to each other and the Lord for all the grand adventures, struggles, and joys of life. Oh, and with 13 children joining them, too!

We love you, Mommy! As a little girl I remember watching you and so often thinking, "I want to be just like her." Packing picnic lunches, finding a new science experiment or monarch caterpillar, snuggling in the dark during a summer storm, taking homemade bread to an elderly friend, or catching your excitement for Daddy's arrival home from work. And best of all was the look on your face when Daddy would tell us another brother or sister was on the way. [smile]

And you know what?! I still want to be like you!!! Your love for Jesus, your commitment to Daddy, and your joy in motherhood has laid such a beautiful example for the eight of us daughters!

Little known facts about Mommy:

  • Has one sister (older) and one brother (younger)
  • Was a talented basketball player in high school
  • Graduated from Iowa State with a degree in Leisure Services
  • Is an artist with a whole college portfolio of drawings
  • Didn't know hardly anything about cooking or babies when she got married -- Grandma had to teach her how to change diapers!
  • Plays guitar, flute, hammered dulcimer, recorder, and tambourine.
  • Has been 'with child' almost 10 years total time!

We love you, Mommy, and hope you have a simply wonderful day!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mrs. Wissman!
Have a wonderfull day. Thank you for being a good example (to me) of a godly woman.
Blessings,
Allison Bontrager

Goldfish said...

Athlete, artist, and musician?!? WOW! Well, happy birthday to a very talented woman!

Kori said...

A very Happy Birthday to you, Mrs. Wissmann!!! I hope you have a wonderful day! May the Lord continue to bless you and your family! :)

BrittLeigh said...

"I want to be just like her." Funny, but that was my first impression the day I met her just over a year ago... I still think that way ;)

I treasure the godly example you've been to me in your own sweet and loving way, Mrs. Wissmann. Thank you for allowing God to be everything He is in your life... It's making a difference in lives individually. I know, for I'm speaking for myself!

Happy Birthday with much love!!!!

Emily H. said...

Happy Birthday, Mrs. Wissmann! How glad I am that I checked your blog today so that I could join in! Thank you for being such a godly example of a gentle and quiet spirit. Happy birthday!
Emily for the Hipps

Coeur d'Court said...

Happy Birthday! I hope your day is special.

Lately, I think of all the times I saw you walk past our house when you were "large-with-child" at the end of your pregnancy with Charissa. I've been admiring those memories a lot these days as I wait for my 3rd baby. Your committment and joy that you show to your family overflows as a sweet example to others watching. You are an inspiration to me. I really hope the coming year is a sweet one with your family and with the Lord. :)

KarenW said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!! You are an example of what a mother should be. I know this because your daughters want to be just like you!
I want to be like my Mom too!
God bless you!
Karen

Anonymous said...

happy Birthday Mrs. Wissmann!I was shocked when read that you were a basketball player.

Gloria said...

Thank you for the birthday greetings and the kind words of encouragement. We appreciate very much the blessings of each of your families in our lives as well. Let us exalt HIS Name together. And God bless you, anonymous!

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday, Mrs. Wissman, from the Berge Family! We love you and are grateful to know you and your sweet family. Reading Rachel's post made me think of Proverbs 31..."and her children rise up and call her blessed".

Thanks for being an example to all of us younger women...even though you may not even realize the extend of your influence. You are a blessing!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mrs. Wissmann!!
We truly appreciate your Godly example and Christlike spirit! May God continue to bless you!
Conners Prov.12:4a

Victoria said...

Happy Birthday, Mrs. Wissmann!

God Bless.

Naomi said...

Happy Birthday Mrs.Wissman!.=D
(a day late)

You have the same birthday as my aunt. She is an extremely Godly woman. Good day to be born. =)

I love to read about you talented family. You and Mr.Wissman are a huge example to both young (like me) and old.
God bless you!
Naomi Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

happy birthday Mrs. Wissmann =)


Have a good day

Kris said...

Okay, I know that this is late... and i will see you probably before you read this...but Happy Birthday anyway! I hope you had a Great day! And I will see you soon! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mrs. Wissmann