Happy 16th Birthday, Matthias!
Sixteen?! Can this be possible!? [smile] As I've already ridden many safe miles with you, Matthias, in the driver's seat -- let me be among the first to welcome you to the responsibility-filled age of driving!
We're so grateful for your thoughtful, serving attitude and actions in our home, Matthias: The kind way you spend time with the younger ones -- teaching them a new game, or simply tickling and bringing laughter to their days (and ours, too!) The selfless way you work and play -- without complaining about your foot rash (and we're so glad to see its on the mend!) And especially these past couple years as you've been growing from a little boy to a young man. May the Lord continue to lead and guide you as you seek HIM in the coming year! We love you!
"And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air."
1 Corinthians 9:25-27
Little-known facts about Matthias...
- He is left-handed
- He is named after our Grandpa Wissmann -- and closely resembles him
- There was a baby goose in the delivery room when he was born
- He can wiggle his eyebrows and ears independently
- He learned how to walk before he learned how to crawl
- He is the 'orderly one' of the Wissmann boys
- He enjoys long distance running -- competing in Seward's 10K last summer
- He plays banjo and harmonica in addition to the dobro
- He is one of our best 'Wissmann family/Prairie Bible Camp' actors!