Friday, May 04, 2007

Together in Christ

With many thanks to our gracious host family here, we do have online access for a few 'quiet' moments this afternoon. After driving through a May snowstorm yesterday (above), and working on school and various 'bus projects' (quilting!) we arrived safe and sound in time to set up and prepare for the evening revivals.

This is our fourth year sharing here in Bridger, which almost has become a reunion of sorts. Each year we look forward to hearing how the Lord has been at work in the lives of families -- and watching all the little children grow and change. What a beautiful thing it is to have fellowship among the brethren!

Over our ladies luncheon this noon I was reminded of the following verses from Colossians 2:2-3 --

"...that [your] hearts may be encouraged,
being knit together in love,
and attaining to all riches of the full assurance of understanding,
to the knowledge of the mystery of God, both of the Father and of Christ in Whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge."

God knits our hearts together in Christ's love -- drawing us to a deeper knowledge of Himself -- enabling us to carry out His purpose for our lives.

We're looking forward to this weekend. Pray with us for the Lord's working! Also -- one additional prayer request -- we really desire to get some new music worked up. We need wisdom, direction, and creativity! [smile]

10 comments:

Jacob said...

No kidding? A snow storm?!!!

... I don't know that I can realate so well to the knitting part of that verse. :) But I've had 1 Cor 13 on my mind lately. It teaches that love is the greatest thing. The Lord, in His love for us, has commanded us to love others.

As we submit to Christ's love, we can walk in freedom from sin and in love for the Father and for others.

Thanks for posting. I got a kick of our the old-school microphone in that last photo.

Peace! --Jacob

your groupies said...

It seems strange to think of you driving through snow, but yet, our friends from Montana told us about one in June before. Fun to see an update, when we thought you'd be away from blogging for a bit!

Also, this is just a suggestion, but has working up "There is a Fountain Filled With Blood" ever crossed your minds? Heard it on a CD a while back, and thought, "Wissmann's should work this up." Just a thought, we'll be praying!

gandelr said...

New music fat prayers and safe travels heading your way
Blessing to all

Kori said...

A snow storm in May!? That is different! Down here it has been getting up in to the mid 90s lately! Oh the joys of summer :) I hope ya'll can get some new music worked up! Can't wait to hear it! I'll be praying!

Kaylene said...

Please tell the Shrocks and Barnards hello from Kaylene! Wish I could be there! :)

mindy caron said...

Thinking of you all today and praying for you!

KarenW said...

We here in Ontario are really looking forward to y'all coming up here. We still have not gotten over it!
Hehe!

May God continue to bless you all!

Karen

Perennial Pioneer said...

Snow storm in May? That is not uncommon where I live. I live in Washington state.
I have never heard you music, but I love it when a family works together, and does things together.
Perennial Pioneer
http://perennialpioneer.blogspot.com

BrittLeigh said...

I so enjoyed my visit to your little home on the web this afternoon and seeing all the pictures. I've been missing out on some pretty fascinating photography the last few days!! :)

I think of you all often especially now that I'm residing in your own sweet state and YOU'RE NOT HERE!! :) I pray your travels continue to be safe, and will specifically make mention of your music desires.

I miss you guys! Come home soon!! :)

BrittLeigh said...

PS! the quilt looks gorgeous!!!!