Wednesday, May 02, 2007

How Great Thou Art

O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

Then sings my soul, My Savior God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.


Then sings my soul, My Savior God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.


When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur;
And see the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.

Then sings my soul, My Savior God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.


And when I think, that God, His Son not sparing;
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;


That on the Cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.


Then sings my soul, My Savior God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.



Then sings my soul, My Savior God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

9 comments:

The Bontrager Family Singers said...

Hi Rachel
What beautiful scenery!! I love that hymn, & the photos go so well with it!
We miss you all! Maybe we'll get to see you soon?!
Everyone says hello!
Chelsy 4 the Bontrager 12 :D

Anonymous said...

That is one of my favourite songs!! Also, the pictures are beautiful (especially the second one)!! :)

Goldfish said...

[sigh] How come North Dakota doesn't look like that?! I mean it is only one state away (many many miles away... :)! The pictures are gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

Rachel you look a little worried on that wooden bridge
Blessing da-fred

Kori said...

Wow! Montana looks beautiful! I've been to Montana, but I don't remember it being that pretty! I've really enjoyed seeing the pictures from this trip! Seems like ya'll have stopped at lots of really pretty places! You do look a little nervous on that bridge, Rachel! But I don't blame you, I would be too! :) Can't wait for the next update, whenever that may be... Love and miss ya'll!

e said...

That was wonderful the way you put all those pictures with the song. I love the words to "How Great Thou Art." That song was well written and very powerful with the music. I liked the last picture. :)
Prov. 3:5-6

Esther said...

Whoops! Somehow my name didn't get printed all the way. I don't want to go as a nobody-
I'm Esther. :)

Suzanne said...

The third to last picture is really beautiful. All of the pictures are, but that one especially!

~Bryant said...

How Great Thou Art is probably my favorite hymn.
God's creation sure is amazing!