Thursday, April 12, 2007

Our Mechanics

Progress continues at our mechanic shop -- though at times it seems like the ol' one step forward, two steps back saga. Yesterday we discovered our transmission was also in bad shape and needing immediate attention. So while we had the rear-end torn apart anyway it was decided to tackle this additional project before attempting to sail down the road a couple thousand miles.

Thus we have a few unexpected 'home days' this week -- time to get a newsletter written and mailed out, tackle various yard and house projects, and finish some last minute sewing.

The new transmission is due to arrive tomorrow around noon, and then our guys will be working around the clock to assemble all the pieces and get us heading westward! California, here we come! [smile]

"...with goodwill doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men."
Ephesians 6:7

6 comments:

Coeur d'Court said...

When we drove past your house tonight, I felt bad for you guys when I saw all your lights on... the Wissmanns are still home and running against schedule. But, I'm sure the Lord has a reason for this set-back.

Landon noticed your lit windows and said, "They're not sleeping right now." I think he thinks your usual dark house means you're sleeping, not gone. :)

Just wanted to drop a line and let you know I was thinking of you guys and also so glad to see an update. I hope your bus comes together soon and everything is perfect again. Praying towards that end!

The Ansons said...

I don't think you could pay me to crawl under that bus! We will pray you are able to leave in time!

BrittLeigh said...

Seeing those pictures made me so grateful I'm not a mechanic :D I'm praying for you guys as you fix the bus up. Happy trails!! God bless you all!

...missing you...

Anonymous said...

"That's not Mr.Josiah, Mr.Josiah is way smarter than that!" We are praying for you all. "My ways are not your ways neither are my thoughts your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8

Bob said...

I will pray that everything will come together for you and that you will get everything fixed on your bus that you need to. Also will pray for safety in your travels. God bless

Bob Payne

KarenW said...

hahaha. Josiah looks almost like a miner!

The Lord has promised to finished that work He has started. It is interesting to think that God had this all planned out before we knew about it! Wow. Hmmm, I wonder why? (smile). Isa 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

I will be praying for you all!

Karen