Thursday, February 08, 2007

Continuing On

Greetings to all from the state of South Carolina! The past couple days have been a blur -- after gathering our personal items from the wreck, we were picked up by a dear friend who drove us through the night to arrive here for the Gospel Express prison crusades yesterday afternoon.

We can hardly begin to say "THANK YOU" for the outpouring of love via phone, e-mail, and blog comments. They have been like a warm hug to our whole family -- lifting our spirits and encouraging us onward. God is so good, and we continue to marvel at His workings! We are exceedingly, exceedingly grateful!!!

To give a quick update, we are planning to finish this trip as scheduled. The Lord has provided local transportation and this beautiful home for our family to stay while we share in the SC area. We received a good report on Andrew's thumb -- he should be able to use it again within a couple weeks. Until then, Matthias is quickly picking up the banjo, and Stephen the guitar. Our first prison service is tonight.

Continued prayer needs:

  • Direction for transportation after Feb. 18th (when we'll be leaving South Carolina).
  • Wisdom concerning a new bus.
  • That the Lord would continue to be magnified through this situation as we share the photos and testimonies. Our prayer is that hearts would be drawn to Jesus Christ!
  • For the upcoming prison services, church services, and family seminar. (Learning to work around Andrew's injury!!!)

Again, THANK YOU for upholding our family. Our bumps and bruises seem to be healing quickly and we're looking forward to what the Lord has ahead in the coming days!

"Be still and know that I am God;
I will be exalted amoung the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!"
Psalm 46:10

16 comments:

BrittLeigh said...

I'm continuing to pray for you guys! Thanks so much for the update. I was especially wondering about Andrew's thumb and how you're working around it. It's so sweet to see the way God is providing for your needs during this time. He is so faithful! Sending love your way!!

Megan said...

Thank YOU for the update! You guys (and girls :) are such an inspiration!!! Same as Brittleigh, I'm continuing to keep you guys in my prayers! I'll pray especially for Andrew's thumb!

Only seventeen weeks and two days until camp!! Can't wait to see you!!!

Kris said...

I am so glad that everything is working out for you! and I am continuing to pray for you. As Megan has pointed out only 17 weeks 'till camp :).

Melanie said...

Oh my goodness! I just now got to my computer after a several day absence and what a story! God is SO good to have protected you! I am so glad you are all ok! Thank you Lord! I got tears in my eyes reading and thinking what might have happened. What a testimony He has given you! I will be praying for you all.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you guys again.
Thanks 4 keeping us updated.
Praise the Lord no one was hurt!
You'r in our prayers :)

Anonymous said...

You all are good travlers.
Were praying for you.

~Bryant~ said...

Praise God that you were able to continue with your concert tonight!

micah noel said...

I just read your posts about the accident. All I can do is agree with Bethany-- never take life for granted. God was obviously holding each one of you in the palm of His hand that morning, and He will never let you go. I promise that I will be interceeding for all of you.

Bob said...

I will continue to keep your family in my prayers in the days ahead and pray for healing in Andrews Finger. God bless each of you in your family. Your music is an inspiration to me of Gods hope and love and looking forward to seeing him soon

Your Friend

Bob Payne

Kori said...

Thanks for the Update! Ya'll have been on my mind so much these past couple days... I'll be praying for ya'll and for quick healing for Andrew's thumb! Hopefully he'll be able to play by the time you get to Florida! :) I'm sure ya'll are still pretty sore-- I hope you guys get back to feeling 100% soon! Love ya'll!!! Can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful to see how the Lord is meeting your needs! We're prayin' for you all! Conners
"But my God shall supply ALL your need according to HIS riches in glory by Christ Jesus" Phil 4:19

Maggi said...

We are very glad you are all safe. It is a miracle. We're praying for you all.

~Alyse Erbele

mindy caron said...

Wissmann's — We love you and are praying for you!

"My strength is made perfect in weakness." II Cor. 12:9

P.S. Ella was tickled pink to receive a special postcard from Charissa!! :)

rehm family said...

"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint." Is.40:31

May God give you the assurance that as you wait on Him, He shall renew your strength. So that, you may run and not be weary, and walk and not faint!

We are praying for you!

With our love,
The Rehm's

John said...

We are praying for you all!!!

Anonymous said...

We were very thankful when Ron called that he knew that none of you have been seriously hurt.
God truly does care for you. He will be giving you a new way to do things now. It may not be the way you had planned but He is still always with you.
We thank God that you are all safe and back in South Carolina.
Milo and Marian Jeppesen