Thursday, January 18, 2007

On the Road Again

Well, after a flurry of cleaning, packing, and sorting ("hmmm.....Will I need this in the next seven weeks or not??...."), we're headed south! We're so thankful for these couple weeks at home -- and even the blessing of some winter weather and fun in the snow. Home is a precious place!

But now as the miles quickly pass under our bus wheels, we're looking forward to the days ahead. Thank you to all who have encouraged us by your prayers -- we hope to post updates frequently here to share testimonies and prayer requests as the trip unfolds.

A few specific requests:
  • Travel safety
  • Upcoming Prison Ministry -- Jan 21-25th
  • Charissa will be unable to go into the prisons with us. Pray that she will be content for several hours without Mommy!
  • Wisdom in balancing family needs/schedule.
  • Consistant family devotions -- abiding in the Vine
We look forward to what the Lord has ahead in the upcoming weeks!


And for our first stop -- we're at Grandma's house this morning! What better way to start a trip than stopping for a meal with Grandma? [smile]

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them"
Ephesians 2:10

8 comments:

The Ulmer Family said...

Safe travels!! We'll be praying for ya'll!!!

Kori said...

I am so excited to see ya'll! I'll keep you in my prayers as you make your way down here to sunny Florida!! I can't wait!!!!! :)
I Love ya'll!!

Anonymous said...

yes... you will all be in my thoughts and prayers!
did the mcleod's ever call you from Alabama and get you set up somewhere? if so, have fun!
love, nicole

Megan said...

I'll be praying for you guys--I'm counting down the days until camp, though (Let's see,... I think it is roughly 143 days :) My Grandpa sounded pretty excited to have you guys at their church, of course, who wouldn't?

Megan said...

I saw the updated schedule -- tomorrow it is exactly 20 weeks until camp!!!!!!!!!! Wahoo!!!!!!!!!!

BrittLeigh said...

You guys have been in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks so much for sharing your prayer needs, as well as posting those sweet pictures :) (Charissa... can never get enough of her! :D).

Anonymous said...

We'll be praying!
We love you guys!
Love,
the Jasters

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great post! We will be praying. Conners