Saturday, January 13, 2007

From our Mailbox

This week we received the following precious story in our mailbox --


"...Recently we experienced a small family crisis and so had prayed with my daughter (7) and son (4) regarding our concerns. Within two days we saw the Lord answer in a real and powerful way!

So as I prayed with my children, praising and thanking Jesus for His help and that "this happened so soon," and that "it happened just this way" and so on....and my son interupts me with, "Dad! Dad! Dad!"

I said, "Yes?"

He said, "You know God?"

I said, "Ya?"

He said, "God's probably saying, "No problem, no problem, no problem." [smile]

Oh to regain a child's perspective of our Heavenly Father! It is His good pleasure to answer our prayers on accordance with His will!"

--------------From a Dad in the Midwest




"If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone?...if you then, being evil, know how to give good and gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!" Luke 11:11&13

3 comments:

Megan said...

WOW!!! That is SSOOOoooo good!!!!!

BrittLeigh said...

Reminds me of the verse, "A little child shall lead them..." The simple faith of a child is so precious.

Melanie said...

What a sweet story...and challenge to increase my faith!