Friday, December 01, 2006

Quick Update


Has it really been a full week since my last post?! I guess I haven't done well at updating here! Yes, there have been a couple clever (or so my sisters tell me) posts dancing around in my thoughts, but I guess as of now they haven't materialized! So for this morning I'll just leave you with a quick note.....

As I write, the bus is parked near our house and various ones are finishing the last minute packing -- getting ready to pull out within the hour. We just finished with two days at home -- getting caught up with mail, house needs, and those various 'post-trip' projects!

And now as we re-load, we're looking forward to the opportunities of the weekend -- a church outreach called "Walk through Bethlehem", and a couple services along the way. Hopefully I'll be checking back in soon with pictures!

Oh, and a happy December to you all!!!


"I will bless the Lord at all times;
His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
Oh, magnify the Lord with me,
And let us exalt His name together."
Psalm 34:1&3

Prayer note:
A couple of us (okay, mostly me!) are battling a nasty head cold this week (*sniffle, sniffle*), so we'd appreciate prayers for a fast recovery -- and for the healthy ones of our bunch to stay healthy! A full 'Wissmann epidemic' is not a good thing!!! [smile]

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Welcome home and have a good trip! The life of a travelling, singing family can be rough sometimes but enjoy it! Someday it will end and you will look back with great fondness of these days that you are living now. I hope you feel better soon Rachel. I will be praying for a quick recovery for you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! It is always to nice to hear what you guys are up to. I'll be praying that an 'epidemic' doesn't spread!

Anonymous said...

Oh it's so good to get an update ;). I'm praying for you guys! Have a safe and healthy trip, and get better soon, Rachel ;)! God bless you all richly! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Oh Rachel!

I am praying for you, and trust that your cold is doing much better by now! So when do we get to see one of those clever posts?! Does my push for one as a sister count at all?? We sure miss y'all, and are praying for a good, safe trip and a speedy return!:)

Love, hugs, and smiles from the front row!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, Rachel! We'll be praying that you recover from your cold soon, and that it doesn't spread- we sure know what it is like to have a virus go through the family- especially if you have a bug that makes your nose run, because with this many noses, you'll go through at least 12 boxes of tissues!! :)
Looking forward to seeing you at the end of the month!!!
The Ulmers!