Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Oops!

Okay, I'll be the first to admit that I'm not an expert at this 'blog-thing' yet. And I may as well admit it, as the evidence is beginning to show itself! Today as I updated to this new Blogger Beta, I somehow managed to merge Bethany's blog with our family blog (since we share the same e-mail address, it now recognizes us as one and the same -- thus, Bethany's profile shows up here).

So-o-o...... Thank you for your patience as we get this sorted out. And if any of you can figure out how to fix my problem, I'd love to hear from you!!!! [smile]

Update: Thanks ya'll for the suggestions! We're getting closer to our 'individual status', as you can tell by the updated profile picture. Ahhhh......... the joys of technology!!!

7 comments:

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan said...

I was wondering about that... At first, I thought something was wrong with my computer. I updated to Blogger beta, too. Sorry I can’t help you -- I am not an expert at blogs either!

BrittLeigh said...

What a bummer! I sent you an email ;). Hope you can figure it out!! :D

~Bryant~ said...

Oh dear! (I did the same thing with our family blog and my blog. You are not alone :-)
What I did to fix the problem was I removed the profile option on the blog layout. I simply placed a picture of our family in place of it, and a text box to tell our names. Looks just like it did before, really! :-) Hope this helps, and if you have any other questions you can comment on my blog, and I'll see if I can help!

micah noel said...

Rachel--
Oh, bother...that must be really frustrating!
As far as I know, the reason the two blogs merged is probably because both have the same Google account. In order to have separate Google accounts, you will have to have different email addresses, one for the Wissmanns, and one for Bethany. (You don't have that, do you?) With separate email addresses, you can sign up for separate Google accounts, and then your blogs will not be connected. If you don't want to have separate emails, then you can do what Bryant suggested and take the profile off the Wissmann family blog. I hope all this made sense! :)

David Kent said...

I have to admit things did look different. :-)

Since you have your own domain name of wissmannfamily.com through Vineyard Design Works, you should be able to easily get another e-mail address (if not numerous addresses) of your choosing.

Since I don't have a Blogger account I don't know how to tell you to put it all back together again as it was before, even with a new e-mail address.

Hopefully it'll be easier than putting Humpty Dumpty back together!

Megan said...

Did you figure the whole 'blog-thing' out? I like the layout of it.