Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Mission Conference

"Behold I say to you, lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest!" John 4:35

Sometimes my world gets too small. I too easily get focused on today, tomorrow; my circle of friends and 'happenings'.

But how refreshing it has been to share a part in the Salina Bible Church Mission Conference this week -- to spend time with missionaries from Venice, Italy; Mexico; and Columbia, South America. To feel their heartcry for souls. From the primative natives who have never heard the name, "Jesus" -- to those who serve a 'religion', but lack a relationship with God Himself. The stories are exciting; the needs are great.

We are reminded once again through these testimonies........Yes, we are ordinary people -- but we serve an extraordinary God. And He can do exceedingly above what we can ask or think as we give our lives to Him!!!

"If a commission by an earthly king is considered a honor, how can a commission by a Heavenly King be considered a sacrifice?"

-- David Livingstone

With the missionaries before our good-byes.

4 comments:

AliisaJoy said...

I really enjoyed meeting you at the Ulmers last weekend. I've been reading your blogs for almost a year now, and it was nice to meet you!

I really enjoyed that Photographer game. I'm anxious to teach it to my family, so we can have fun playing it with friends. ;-)

In Him,
Aliisa

GraceE... said...

Hey Bethany!!
I missed you all at church Sunday, but I look foward to seeing this coming Sunday though! I wanted let you all know I started a blog yesterday and am going to try to keep it up as often as I can. I also want it only to bring glory and honor to God! See ya later!
~Grace

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! What a heart stirring post. Missionaries tend to always have something that hits home, or pulls at out heart strings. Thank you for giving an update from 'across the miles'. It is great to hear from y'all!

The family picture looks alot different with a baby in it!! Though it definately is a very good and sweet change.:)

Can't wait to see you sometime soon!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, I wish I could be there to hear you!