Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Trust

"You may not understand why He leads you now in this way and now in that,
but you may, nay, you must believe that perfection is stamped on His every act."
--Elizabeth Prentiss

Sometimes simple trust and obedience can be a challenge -- at least for me -- and I all too often need to be reminded that all things are in His hands.

And this was the story of our weekend. The Lord showed me once again that His ways are perfect and so much higher than my own......

You see, we had planned to take this month 'off' and just be home to enjoy getting ready for the baby and catch up on home projects. But 'somehow' we got scheduled to travel to western Nebraska for a whole weekend -- back on the road, away from our church family, and with a group of people we'd never met. And on our 'off' month, of all times! [smile]

But as we loaded the bus I knew that I had to get my heart right, 'trust and obey' with a joyful attitude -- thanking the Lord for every situation. And how could I doubt? As the weekend progressed, I marveled. Once again He did exceedingly abundantly what we could ask or think.

The weekend retreat was held at a large Christian campground, which became a refreshing haven for our family to enjoy after the busy week. Dad was asked to preach 3 times over the course of the weekend -- along with a couple concerts -- and the Lord worked, knitting our hearts to His Word and His people in such a beautiful way.

Trust... Obey... and Rejoice! He knows all -- what a glorious thought!

"How can I fret at anything which is the will of God? Let Him take all beside;
He has given me Himself.
I love, I praise Him every moment!"

And for those of you who enjoy pictures as much as I do ----

Even Mom enjoyed the paddle boats!

Hannah feeding worms to the fish (okay, I guess they did catch a couple)!

Kayaks or bumper-boats!??!

Off to the canoe races!


"Teach me to do Thy will;
for Thou art my God:
Thy Spirit is good;
Lead me into the land of uprightness."
Psalm 143:10

6 comments:

Sara Campbell said...

Oh, isn't God so good?! What contentment there is in knowing He has the perfect plan at all times. Thanks for sharing the joys to "Trust and Obey." Much love and many prayers continuing to come your way. :)

Anonymous said...

I really appreciated the thoughts you shared. They were so honest and really a blessing for me to read.

And the pictures were GREAT. I loved them :).

Praying for you guys! Hope you can manage to take it easy in this "off" time :).

the rehm family said...

We rejoice with you all in the what God did, and continue's to do! Thank you for sharing, and exhorting through what He is teaching you. Thank you also for the quotes, scripture, etc. It really puts things in the right perspective!

We are praying for each of you, and the soon to be Mr.Blue, or Miss Pink?! May God's refreshment be rich during this break!

With much love,
The Rehm's

"I will praise You forever, Because you have done it; And in the presence of Your saints I will wait on Your name, for it is good." Psalms 51:9

journey said...

I'm like you Rachel, I like the pictures. I just had one question though, how did you get a pink life jacket? That is styling. I think thats a great color for you. I also have to comment you on your kayak form. Very nice. I think you could have a very nice future in the kayak teaching field. :) By the way I love the field you are in now though. Oh and by the way famous, I think so!

journey said...

Sorry, I ment to say commened you. thoughts faster than the hand.

Rachel said...

I just came across your blog today and want you to know that I've enjoyed reading it :o) I don't know you, but you've been a blessing! Keep up the great work and the Godly insights.