Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Ruth

Happy 23rd Birthday, Ruth!

What a delightful surprise you were for Dad and Mommy's third anniversary -- and all these years you have selflessly shared the day by finding ways to make it special for them. But today we'd like to especially take the opportunity to say how grateful we are that God sent you to our family!

Watching your deep commitment to be in God's Word first thing in the morning -- and usually before anyone else is up -- has been a personal challenge to the rest of us. You have truly 'sought Him early' and we rejoice in the fruit that has brought forth in your life.

We're thankful for all the delicious meals you serve, for your orderly ways, and for your heart to minister to the practical needs of others.

And on a personal note, I'm grateful that at the young age of 18 months, God sent me you for a best friend! We love you!!!

"Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord,
Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass." Psalm 37:4-5

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear, Ruth! Happy birthday to you!"

Ruth, where do I possibly begin?? Your life has been such a challenge, and blessing to me! I think I would have to echo the comment made about your commitment to God's word, daily. It has caused me to realize that I need to be more faithful in setting that time aside, each morning!

Thank you for exampling Christ to all you meet, in a quiet and gentle manner--so that others too want to follow in His ways!

May you know more of His love for you this year, and may He bless you in all that you do!

You're an INSPIRATION to me!

I love ya sis!

Happy, happy birthday!

And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works. Heb.10:24 (You do this, Ruth!)

The Ansons said...

Sending a hug your way Ruth! Hope to touch base soon!
LA

Kori said...

Happy Birthday Ruth! and Happy Anniversary to Mr. and Mrs. Wissmann! My birthday is the day after my parents anniversary so we have something almost in common!:)Anyways.. Have a great day! I Miss you all! Can't wait to see you soon!

joygirl said...

Happy Birthday Ruth!!!

See you tomorrow!!!

BrittLeigh said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Ruth! It has been a special joy for me to know you and be with you. You're really special and sweet! Thanks for your beautiful example of a meek and quiet spirit.

Monica said...

Happy Birthday!

chelsy bontrager said...

Happy Birthday Ruth!!
Thank-you for being such a wonderful example to me of all that a young woman can accomplish while still at home!!Your cooking, sewing, and nutrition skills have all inspired me to pursue(with all my heart!!)interests that will bless my family.
Love you!
~Chelsy

Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday! hope you had a great day, you a such a woundeful person and i am so glad that i have gotten to know you through the years at camp!

God Bless,

Kris Wolf

journey said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you Ruth. God's riches blessing on you.

The Ulmer Family said...

Happy Birthday (late! :() RUTH!!!!!!
I hope your day was filled with special memories!!! May this year be one of great experiences as you walk with the Lord!!!!