Sunday, August 27, 2006

Praises

200+ miles....and 5 programs....in 30 hours.

It was a full weekend in eastern Iowa -- but from one opportunity to the next, we had reason to rejoice and praise. As we share the message of Jesus Christ together, we're again reminded of the majesty and glory of the God we serve. Even if we'd lift our voices in song from morning till evening, it would be but a small offering to Him Who deserves our all!

"Praise the Lord, for the Lord is good." Psalm 135:3

"But I will hope continually
And will yet praise You more and more
My mouth shall tell of Your righteousness
And Your salvation all the day
For I do not know their limits
Psalm 71:14-15


">

"Oh for a thousand tongues to sing my great Redeemer's praise,
The glories of my God and King, the triumph of His grace!"

"Make a joyful shout the God, all the earth
Sing out the honor of His name;
Make His praise glorious.
Say to God, "How awesome are Your works!"
Psalm 66:1-3

7 comments:

Dan Beasley said...

Hey Wissmanns,
Isn't it amazing? I mean it's amazing how amazing God is! And if that's not amazing then amazing isn't amazing!...Because if God's not amazing then nothing is amazing!

But words really can never do justice! And to think that this mighty God in all his glory sent his only son (who was perfect) to suffer and die, so that we could find forgiveness from our sins, and have eternal life!!! And that He wants a personal relationship with each one of US...Just blows me away!

Thanks for the encouragement!!! What a great reminder. May God bless you as you bless others!

Dan

Anonymous said...

5 down only 12 to go

many Blessing shall flow through and to you

fred

Anonymous said...

And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Phil.4:19

Greetings y'all,

I love the outfits! They look PERFECT! Even with my absence of helping pick them out!!:) Isn't God good?! It all looks great together, even via the blog. So... its got to be even 10 X's better in person!

Thank you for sharing, and encouraging from 'across the miles'. It is such a treat to log on, and see a fresh update!

Hugs, and greetings to all!

We are praying for y'all

Guess who?!?:)

Melanie said...

Sounds like a marathon run of concerts! Wow. What a blessing you are to so many people. We love you guys (and looking forward to the outcome of "baby month" too!)

Monica said...

I would love to hear you all sing again. That is alot of shows?

BrittLeigh said...

Wow! FULL SCHEDULE!!! Looks like you guys were having fun. You're always so joyful... You make more of an impact on people than you realize!

I love the outfits too! They look great.

I really enjoyed all the pics. Especially the one of the little kids. I miss my little Nathaniel! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Ruth,

Just wanted to let you know that I think that is a really pretty hair-clip you have in(grin)!

Many hugs to you!

Love ya, and see ya soon, hurray!!