Thursday, June 08, 2006

Calvary Love

Recently I have been challenged by a tiny book, "If", by Amy Charmichael. Containing many good thoughts to ponder, I was struck this morning by the fact that Calvary love should leave its imprint on everything we do -- even the daily, hidden, tasks.

If I am inconsiderate about the comfort of others,
or their feelings,
or even of their little weaknesses;
if I am careless about their little hurts
and miss opportunities to smooth their way;
if I make the sweet running of household wheels
more difficult to accomplish,
then I know nothing of Calvary love.
--Amy Charmichael

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a challenge! Sadly, I have to say that way to often I make the wheels at home more squeaky. Thank you for the powerful reminder, and for blessing me by sharing from your life!

May we all live in the light of Calvary's love!

Love ya sis!

BrittLeigh said...

That really puts things into perspective! Thanks for the thought-provoking, and very motivating challenge!

cori said...

I like that a lot. Something to think about.