Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day!

A mother is a treasure, and we just have to take this opportunity to publicly thank our dear Mommy for everything she does for us. Well, actually if we attempted to thank her for everything, this post would be too long for you to read, so we shall try to condense it a little! [smile]



I was reminded again this week how wonderfully our Mom pays individual attention to us 12 children -- our needs, our challenges, our giftings and our joys. As we older girls were having a typical 'before bed' chat, Mom peeked in the room with a message for Bethany:

“Good night Bethany,” she said as she gave a good night kiss. “I love you. I already told everyone else good night -- you’re the last one.”

How does a Mommy remember who she has told goodnight and who she hasn’t? ...Without a day planner or reminder list? ....With so many varied responsibilities? ...And with 12 children?

We love you, Mommy, and thank the Lord for giving each of us to you. Thank you for loving Jesus first -- with Daddy a close second. Thank you for all the hugs and kisses, the morning 'wake-up songs', the hours of working together, your smile and gentle voice, your sacrifice of time, sleep, and energy, and your many prayers. You are a treasure!!!!

WE LOVE YOU MOMMY!

Rachel, Ruth, Josiah, Bethany, Andrew, Elizabeth, Matthias, Stephen, Hannah, Susanna, Alaythia, Nathanael, and #13

7 comments:

Kori said...

Mommy's are awesome!!! I don't know what I would do without mine!!! I hope your mom is doing well!!! I'll see you soon!!!!!!! :)

The Ulmer Family said...

I agree. Moms (especially ones with big families) are hmmmm amazing, inspiring, fantastic etc. etc....

BrittLeigh said...

That was so sweet! Happy Mother's Day to Mom Wissmann!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Mrs.Wissmann, I for one can say that I have seen you stand by your man, serve your family & others and show the love you have for the Lord by the way you live!
A big Thank-you......from Some one who's been blessed......

Monica said...

That was so sweet. Happy Mothers day!

Anonymous said...

Hey, mommy dearest! Happy Mother's Day! I hope your day was as special as you are!:)Thank you for allowing our love for Jesus, and your family to spill out all over! I always go away challenged from being around you. Thank you for being such a great mom to your children at home, and those adopted from 'across the miles'! You are SO special!

Love, and hugs to you!

Love your,
Daughter dearest

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful you mentioned your mom's "wake-up songs". It made me think back... somehow, I'd never considered the blessing of having my Mom singing as she woke me up. I'm not grouchy in the mornings, but waking up wasn't my favorite thing and sudden noises were disturbing and painful to ears accustomed to silent slumber.
I'd only looked at the bad side instead of the sweet blessing of my mother coming into my room singing a joyful hymn as she turned the bedroom light on and opened the windows to announce the need for me to get rolling!
... I thought I was using my time unprofitably as I was randomly reading through some of your old posts, but I see the Lord had a purpose in it!!! :)