Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Let it Snow!

Oh, what joyous weather we're having! In case any of you haven't been watching the weather reports for Nebraska -- we're having winter this week!

Actually, this has been a testimony of the Lord's goodness to us children. You see, winter is usually a big highlight for us with the fun of sledding, making snowmen, snow football, ect.... But to our disapointment we didn't have a good snow before we left on our long trip south (and it usually doesn't snow in those southern states). So we'd pretty much resigned ourselves to waiting till next year's winter.

But you should have heard the cheers yesterday morning when we all woke up and saw the fresh blanket of snow -- with more quickly falling! We praise the Lord for this special surprise!
"But I will hope continually, and will praise You yet more and more. My mouth shall tell of Your righteousness and Your salvation all the day, for I do not know their limits. I will go in the strength of the Lord God; I will make mention of Your righteousness, of Yours only."
Psalm 71:14-16

6 comments:

Caleb Beasley said...

So you have a Xanga ID now...cool. I'm thankful for the snow too, even though school wasn't ccd. :-) It doesn't seem like winter in Nebraska at least a couple big snows.

Anonymous said...

Praise God! He is always sooo faithful! Isn't wonderful to serve such a God?!
We also got some snow... but a measely amount compared to yours - about two inches tops. *smile*
Glad ya'll could enjoy some great midwest winter fun! (I must say it is kinda not what you would expect on the second day of winter... Go figure! Here, we just say "That's Iowa weather for ya!")
Have fun while your snow lasts! :)
Love, Nicole C.
PS. Cool house!

Anonymous said...

PS - I meant second day of SPRING! :}
NC

Anonymous said...

SNOWWW!!!! What an awesome suprise!!! Mail some down here for me!! :-)
Kori

Caleb Naylor said...

Cool! We just got a little bit of snow last night. I love snow...especially for skiing: )

Anonymous said...

Wow,you guys do have alot of snow.Seth told me Andrew said you guys had snow,but I never guessed you had that much!!We don't have any! Just maybe a little in the ditches here and there.It was 45 dg. yesterday.I was outside without my coat on or even a jacket!!By the way it's really cool that I know what your house looks like. Amanda