Friday, February 03, 2006

Thought for the day.....

"It is more blessed to give than to receive." Acts 20:35
This is my verse for the day from my devotional time in God's Word this morning. How many different people can I give to today? And how many different ways is there to give? Time. Gifts. Praise. Love. A smile. A helping hand. It doesn't have to be big - just having the attitude of living for others instead of myself makes such a differance. Being a giver means more than having big fancy presents for everyone, rather it is an attitude of the heart - joyfully serving those I love, giving of myself for them.

So...did I take the time today to let someone know, rather than just guess, that I care?

--Bethany

1 comment:

John said...

What a great thought!!!

It was an encouragement to look at this, this morning especially since "giving" has been on my mind a whole lot.

Have a fun time next week when you go to NC. We have been wanted to do a tour out east the last few years, but it seems that the Lord always leads us the western direction instead, which is fine. The best place to be is the center of His will. Right?


His Blessings,