Friday, February 10, 2006

Blogging from South Carolina

Greetings to all of our family, friends, acquaintances, and whoever else reads this blog...

Last night was the first night of the prison crusade here in Abbeville, South Carolina. The service went very well, God's prescence was there and He moved on the hearts of men. Daddy preached, then gave an altar call; three men went forward to commit their lives to Christ for the very first time. Several others came forward for re-commitment, and yet some more just for prayer. It was exciting to see Him work. Praise His name!

As I sang and watched the prisoners through out the service, I couldn't help but think that they looked so clean cut. Meeting them on the street I never would've guessed that they were worthy of the punishment of being locked up. Yet it is only by God's grace that I am where I am. If it wasn't for that grace, I could be the one in prison needing ministered too. Why was I born into a godly family instead of a broken home like so many of these men? Why did I come to the saving knowledge of Him at a young age instead of stumbling through life? I don't know why. I am so underserving. I praise His name that He put me in the family He did, to be nutured and taught His ways -- and that now I can go into these prisons to share with these men about the God and Saviour I love who has done so much for me. God hasn't placed me in the family He has merely to know His ways and be knowledgeable of Him, but that I might tell others, that the message may continue.

There is no inheritance which the richest parent can bequeth to a child that can compare for one moment with the influence and blessing of a truly Godly home.
-J. R. Miller

Prayer requests:
- For the prisoner's hearts to be soft and open to God's Word that He might draw them to Himself
- That God would continue to guide Daddy as He preaches and shares the salvation message
- For the Lord to be glorified

PS - We'd love to post some pictures of our time down here, but we are unable to download them right now...so someday we'll end up posting lots of pictures to catch ya'll up to date! (Y'all is a very southern phrase down here.... :) Thank you for your prayers, and may the Lord continue to bless y'all!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howdy y'all,

Don't y'alls worry one bit 'bout that camera of yours not wanten to blog them pictures. It don't matter anyhow that y'all can't post none of dem pictures, cause we'all got some pictures of y'all in our here, minds of ours! Besides, we just love hearing what y'all been up too. Sounds like y'alls is having just a right dandy time out there! Praise de Lord for dos souls that surrendered der lives to Him! We is praying for y'all, and trusting that the good Lord is continuin to use y'all to further His kingdom here on dis earth!

Love to y'alls

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that the first night was such a blessing and also for those who were able to get right with God! Thanks also for the reminder of the blessings of being born into a Christian family! How often we forget the real blessing that is and not utilize it to the fullest! Oh that I would catch the vision for ministering Christ's love and grace to those around me who were not blessed with that knowledge at a young age!
Can't wait to see pictures! :)
Love, Nicole C.

Caleb Naylor said...

PTL!! It sounds like ya'll are having a good time.

BTW: Just so you know....the word Ya'll is spelt YA'LL. : ) (That's The Okie way of spelling it anyway: )>

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

tis good ground that the roots of your faith have fallen upon. and did yeild fruit abundant

Anonymous said...

I love reading these!!! It keeps me updated on what ya'll are doing! I can't wait untill ya'll get here! I'm not sure if I'll be in town though the day you do. Hopefully I'll be in Lakeland with my basketball team playing for the State Championship! But, we will see... I just can't wait untill ya'll get here!!!

John said...

I hate to say this, but it sure seems like ya'll are making a little fun of us down here, Southerns.

I am praying for ya'll. Travel safe,

The Wissmann Family said...

And about the y'alls -- this must be the authentic 'South Carolina' spelling, as we have a postcard to prove it!

rehm family said...

Thank you for letting us know the authentic SC way of spelling y'all, (did I spell it right??)! We are praying for y'all. Keep trusting Him. He who has called you is faithful!

Love y'all

Mandy said...

Don't listen to those Okies! They're the only ones who spell "y'all" wrong that I know of! LOL!

I'm glad you were able to find a post card to prove the proper spelling of it!