Saturday, January 14, 2006

Home Projects


This past year we have enjoyed using our 'home time' to work on various projects that range from woodworking to making herb lip-balm. Having a wide range of creative interests in our family makes for rarely a dull moment -- and lots of excitement when a project is completed.

Thus, today was an exciting one for me. Last year -- after admiring my grandma's beautiful quilts -- I started a project of my own. And this afternoon I sewed the final seam finishing the quilt top! Working on it little by little over the past year has been a fun treat and I've learned alot:

First -- helping hands make the work go much faster (thank you, Elizabeth, for your ironing)!
Additionally -- it is amazing what can get done in little moments. This truth I am still struggling to learn: each day is made of little moments -- 15 minutes here and there. Big projects can be accompished by using those moments! After all, time is one of the greatest treasures we posses. As Psalm 90:12 says, "So teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is beautiful! All your colors go so great! I especially like the blue.:o)When can you start on mine??! Keep up the good work!

Bethany said...

Congratulations Rachel! Your quilt turned out wonderful. It has been fun watching you work on it this past year, and see it all take shape. I can't wait to see what you start next -- you always do such a wonderful job choosing colors.

Anonymous said...

Rachel, your quilt is beautiful!!Took lots of time cutting all those little pieces and putting them together. Your colors are very, very pretty. You are just so talented!!
Love you!
G&G